What is Brand Registry?
Amazon Brand Registry is an Amazon program designed to protect your intellectual property; this means that both you as a seller and the consumers that keep Amazon running can have an accurate and trusted retail experience. The program allows you access to powerful, innovative tools that can help you protect trademarks and brand integrity.
What Are the Benefits?
Powerful Search and Report Tools
Once you’re a part of the Brand Registry, you’ll gain access to a powerful set of tools that can help protect your brand and ensure that consumers feel comfortable with your company. Cases of potential infringement are now easier than ever to find thanks to custom features designed by Amazon specifically to help your brand; these include
- Global Search: Global search allows you to search for content across a variety of Amazon stores from one screen; you never have to navigate away from a single spot, so there are no worries about losing track of tabs or managing windows. Everything you need is at your fingertips
- Image Search: The image search function provides an opportunity for you to search for product listings on Amazon that match your products or logos. All you have to do is select and image to search, and Amazon does the rest!
- Bulk ASIN Search: The Bulk ASIN Search features give you the chance to search for lists of ASINs or product URLs in bulk This means that you can explore and report potentially infringing content quickly and easily
Amazon doesn’t leave sellers in the dust once searches like these are completed. Brand Registry will provide you with simple, guided workflows to help you submit reports and determine any other actions that should be taken.
Accurate Brand Representation
There’s nothing more important to the integrity of your brand than having complete control over how it’s represented– and Amazon seems to understand the importance of this to sellers. Using Brand Registry, you’ll have more control than the average user over Amazon product pages that use your brand name. That means that customers have a better shot at seeing accurate information about your brand and anything associate with it.
Additional Proactive Brand Protection Resources
Amazon already has a set of standard proactive measures in place designed to protect customers; but Brand Registry takes it a step further and uses the information that you provide about your brand in order to implement additional predictive protections intended to identify and remove bad listings.
The more information about your brand that you give Amazon through the Brand Registry, the better the program can help in keeping your brand protected. Brand Registry may be able to help sniff out
- Product listings that are not for your brand that incorrectly use your trademarked terms in titles
- Images containing your logo that are for products not carrying your brand name
- Sellers shipping products from countries where your brand is not manufactured or distributed
- Product listings created with your brand name when your full product catalog is already listed on Amazon
What Are the Eligibility Requirements?
If you’re interested in enrolling in Amazon Brand Registry, you’ll need to work through a few steps before the process is complete. These three steps are relatively simple:
- Review Eligibility Requirements
- In order to be eligible for the Brand Registry Program, brands must have a registered and active text or image-based trademark
- Trademarks must be issues by government trademark offices in the United States, Brazil, Canada, Mexico, Australia, India, Japan, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, the UK, or the EU
- You must be able to prove that you are the rights owner or authorized agent for the trademark
- You must have an Amazon account (can be preexisting or new)
- Sign Into Amazon Brand Registry
- Provided you meet eligibility requirements, this is your next step
- Vendors and Sellers should use their Vendor or Seller Central credentials to log in
- Enroll Your Brand
- Provide your brand name along with an active registered trademark
- Provide the associated government-registered trademark number
- Provide a list of product categories (e.g., apparel, person care, electronics) in which your brand should be listed
- Provide a list of countries where your brand’s products are manufactures and distributed
After Amazon has had a chance to verify the information that you submitted to them during the enrollment process, you’ll gain access to Brand Registry’s features and be well on your way to better protecting your brand. Be aware that Amazon will reach out to a contacts (or contacts) associated with the trademark you provided them during the application process. This person will receive a verification code that you’ll have to send back to Amazon to finish out enrollment.
What is the “Progress Report”?
The Progress Report is a way for Amazon to build trust with sellers and vendors through transparent and honest reports and updates. Perhaps ironically, Amazon’s highest goals center around customer protection (and brand protection), so this is what the Progress Report centers around.
Data Points Rule
- There are over 100,000 brands worldwide registered in Brand Registry
- Amazon’s movement to put proactive preventative systems in place have resulted in 99% of Amazon customer’s page views failing to trigger notices of potential infringement
- Amazon has pulled together a 24/7 team of global investigators who respond and take action on infringement notices
- More than 1,000 brand have enrolled in Transparency
- In the past six months, zero infringement notices have been received for products fully launched in Transparency
- These figures include companies of all ages and sizes– from new startups to Fortune 500 companies
Collaborations Are Key
- Amazon works with law enforcement and government agencies across the globe to hold criminals accountable
- Amazon regularly engages with a number of industry groups
- Alliance for Creativity and Entertainment (ACE)
- Union des Fabricants (UNIFAB)
- Motion Picture Association (MPA)
- International Anti-Counterfeiting Coalition (IACC)
If you’re looking for Brand Registry help or have questions about the services and protections offered to brand by Amazon, contact us today. We’d be more than happy to speak with you about your concerns and goals and formulate a strategy to suit the unique needs of your business. At Clickmattic, we understand the importance of brand safety and integrity when it comes to maintaining your business- and we’re here to help.